limits on expire

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Thu Mar 7 08:09:02 UTC 2002

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Terry Davis wrote:

> I have a low traffic news server.  Are there any nasties to never
> expiring and never purging messages, other than space?
> To set this, I just set min and default expire to 0 correct?
> like:
>
> /remember/:0
> *:A:0:0:never

I'm not sure you're fully understanding what those three fields do...

*:A:0:never:never

is most likely what you want.  And you may find things slow down
eventually, but there's no harm done to keeping everything now -- if later
on you change your mind, simply update expire.ctl and wait until tomorrow.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org