Think I found a bunch of the makehistory problem

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Mar 10 20:18:29 UTC 2002

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Russ Allbery wrote:

> You may want to try poking at overview with tdx-util too to see if you can
> figure out why it might be so slow.  Just to see what all is in the
> current overview files.

Sure, will do.  (Is there any documentation for it?)

> Hm.  I wonder if write is returning a partial write to disk.  (No error
> message, but not writing out all of the data.)  That would suck; that
> would mean that we'd have to put loops around all those write calls.

Ohh.  Ugh.  (Well, we might as well just put a wrapper in lib/ someplace.)

I wonder if we should try to zero errno after we ignore an error, so at
least we'd know when we're reporting bogus values.  Probably too hard to
track down those cases, though, even within our own code.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org