Outgoing messages not being logged

Matthew Hambley matthew at aether.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 18:21:54 UTC 2002

I've checked the list archive, FAQ's and what-not but can't find anything
which appears to be pertinent to my problem.

I have recently installed inn on a FreeBSD (4.5) installation.  It is
working great for incoming news which I can view using NNTP from another
machine on my LAN.  However outgoing news isn't working.  In particular
nothing makes its way into the
/usr/local/news/spool/outgoing/news.news.demon.net file.  Therefore when
nntpsend is called it finds that there's nothing to send and shuts down.

I have a line in incoming.conf:

> peer news.news.demon.net {}

Which should have no effect as its for *incoming* news.

In newsfeeds I have:

> news.news.demon.net\
>         :!junk,!control*/!local\
>         :Tf,Wnm\
>         :

Finally in nntpsend.ctl I have:

> news.news.demon.net:news.news.demon.net::

Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
(\/)atthew )-(ambley ---------------\ If something's worth doing it's worth
E-mail : matthew at aether.demon.co.uk  \ doing badly until you can learn to