MMAP vs READ/WRITE (fwd)

Matus "fantomas" Uhlar uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 15 07:13:54 UTC 2002

-> This was on the LKML, and it seems to have some possible application to
-> what is (should be) done in INN on Linux.

[deleted]

->   So I would say mmap is not really optimized nowdays in Linux and so
->   read() may be wining in cases it should not. May be read-ahead is
->   used with read and is not used with mmap.

well, linux kernel should optimize mmap() probably.

->   P.S if you're interested I can send you complete source

hmmm would be nice to try. I have FreeBSD anyway.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar at fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.