Using NNRP to feed an upstream news feed.

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Mar 18 01:12:13 UTC 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Cameron Lowe wrote:

> I'm trying to get inn to feed articles via NNRP. Is there any way I can
> get inn to use NNRP, rather than NNTP? My boss won't pay for a proper
> feed, but wants to have our own news server. I'm running inn 2.3.2 on
> OpenBSD 2.9.

- Yes, look for packages like "suck" and "newsx" (a good place to look
  is http://www.newsreaders.com/)

- If you only want a small selection of groups you might try asking
  your ISP -- you'll use up as much bandwidth and more CPU power if
  you suck from their server, so they might want to help you if it
  doesn't sound like you're infringing on a commercial service they
  provide

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org