CNFS buffers bigger than 2 GB under Linux ?

Antoine Delvaux antoine.delvaux at belnet.be
Mon Mar 18 11:33:23 UTC 2002

> > Yes, I'm using raw devices.
>=20
> > I wanted to use a single raw devices as under it lies a RAID stripping
> > setup which already gives me the speed that I want.  I don't need much
> > flexibility neither as this server will be a feed only with nearly no
> > backlog and so only one article spool.
>=20
> Well, you can just use large disk files.

Yes, but this will slow down innd I think, no ?  That's why I wanted to=20
use raw devices.

But does anybody knows where the 2GB limitation for rw devices comes from=
=20
?  INND or the Linux kernel ?

a.

--=20
http://www.belnet.be                              Tel: + 32 2 790 33 33
BELNET Service Support Team                       Fax: + 32 2 790 33 34