system crash

Pavel V. Knyazev pasha at surnet.ru
Mon Mar 18 13:22:29 UTC 2002

Hello.

We all know well, that fullfeed usenet routers are working under heavy load,
particularly their hard drives. Consider the situation when a system crashes
and is uncorrectly rebooted. Even if a history files are damaged, they can
be
simply recovered by removing these files. I'm not worried about my logs
also.
CNFS buffers can be also rewritten by themselves later (by new articles)
IMHO.

But what about active and overview buffers?
Are they predisposed to be self-recovered after an expiration process?

Thanks.

--
Pavel