CNFS buffers bigger than 2 GB under Linux ?

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Mar 21 20:43:06 UTC 2002

In article <07077F6C2A38D511920800D0B7821B3203110714 at il06exm01.corp.mot.com>,
Sundaram Divya-QDIVYA1  <Divya.Sundaram at motorola.com> wrote:

| Personally, I would opt for using smaller (i.e. <2GB CNFS buffers)
| rather than humongous ones ... wouldn't that give more
| flexibility?

  Sure if you want to configure for all those files and have the log be
100MB/day... think about that, a modest system, say 6TB, using 2GB
files, 3000 files.

  My cycbuff config script will actually automate the creation of the
files and config files, but it's still not something I really want to
do.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc