innfeed doesn't pick up external feed files

Ben Rosengart br+inn at panix.com
Sat Mar 23 02:25:16 UTC 2002

Apologies to those of you who've already seen this on news.software.nntp.

I'm using INN 2.3.2 on NetBSD 1.5.2.  Innfeed's spool directory is
/news/spool/innfeed.  I've found that for a peer "foo", if I place
a feed file at /news/spool/innfeed/foo, it just sits there,
indefinitely, no matter what the setting of backlog-rotate-period
in innfeed.conf.

If I send SIGCHLD to innfeed, then it renames the file to foo.input,
but it won't actually process it unless I kill innfeed entirely and
let innd restart it.

This happens even when innfeed is completely idle.

Any ideas?

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

1. A robot may not injure entertainment industry profits, or, through inaction,
   allow entertainment industry profits to come to harm.     --Matt McLeod