Checkgroups msg not stored in control.checkgroups group

toon at vdpas.hobby.nl toon at vdpas.hobby.nl
Sat Mar 23 21:36:53 UTC 2002

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 02:43:02PM -0500, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, toon at vdpas.hobby.nl wrote:
>
> > Now the fact is that I have the nl.* hierarchy stored in a cycbuff,
> > while the control.* hierarchy is stored in stradspool.
> > But I would expect the control messages to always be stored in
> > the applicable control.* groups if they are available.
>
> Examine storeonxref in the inn.conf manpage.

But this option will have the unwanted side effect that
an article is stored as many times as it is cross posted, no?

During my investigations I found some other option (didn't try it yet).
In the newsfeeds manpage the W flag offers the following item:

        G    Where the article is stored; if cross-
             posted, then the first of the groups this
             site gets (the differnece from ``g'' is
             that cmsg belongs to ``control.cmsg'')

Would this do the right thing for me?
Would I have to put it in the controlchan feed or in the ME feed?
The ME entry in my newsfeeds file doesn't contain any flags at the
moment, while the controlchan entry carries the flags 'Tc,Wnsm'.

Thanks in advance for helping out.
I'm a pretty experienced newsserver admin, but my experience
with the cyclical buffer storage method is dim, and the docs
are not very clear regarding my problem.

Regards,
Toon.
--
 /"\                             |   Windows XP:
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN   |        "Sorry Dave...