CNFS mmap memory error

Antoine Delvaux antoine.delvaux at belnet.be
Tue Mar 26 13:34:59 UTC 2002

Le 2002.03.23 10:00, Katsuhiro Kondou a écrit :

> In article <20020322154609.K6969 at aegir.fw.belnet.be>,
> 	Antoine Delvaux <antoine.delvaux at belnet.be> wrote;
>
> } sm output seems to work, at least there's an article existing.
> }
> } What can the error be then ?
>
> Here are how the thing goes;
>
> - article is written by writev() also with article header
>  for cnfs(not article headers)
> - the header includes article size
> - token is build after above writev()
> - token includes buffer name, where above begins in the
>  buffer and cycle num
> - token is passed to innfeed
> - innfeed tries to read the article from the token
> - article header for cnfs is read at first
> * then innfeed tries to mmap() the article from the size
>  info written in the header
>
> In your case the size is *NOT* somewhat updated correctly
> when 'innfeed' tries to read the header, but it's ok when
> 'sm' tries to read.  I'm not sure how this comes.  Inn at
> least expects the same data should be read written by
> writev().

Is there anything I can do to investigate the problem further ?  Is there
any possibility that the synchronisation between innd and innfeed is not
correctly done ?  Can the RAID system underneath the cnfs buffer files be
a source of problem ?

Anyway thanks, for your help !

Antoine.

--
http://www.belnet.be                              Tel: + 32 2 790 33 33
BELNET Service Support Team                       Fax: + 32 2 790 33 34