parallelization and the storage manager

Ben Rosengart br+inn at panix.com
Tue Mar 26 19:51:53 UTC 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 11:45:24AM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Ben Rosengart <br+inn at panix.com> writes:
>
> > I have overview striped across eight disks, and each disk also contains
> > a cycbuff.  The pattern I see is that one disk is maxed out for a while,
> > then the next, then the next, in the same order that they're mentioned
> > in the metacycbuff definition in cycbuff.conf.  So for me, at least,
> > overview is not the bottleneck.  I'm using ovdb.
>
> That sounds a lot like you've got SEQUENTIAL set in cycbuff.conf rather
> than INTERLEAVE.

The pattern I'm describing above is what I see during a "makehistory"
run, not during normal use.

In any case, I don't have mode set in cycbuff.conf at all.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

1. A robot may not injure entertainment industry profits, or, through inaction,
   allow entertainment industry profits to come to harm.     --Matt McLeod