Setup readers.conf

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Fri Mar 29 02:52:18 UTC 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Bent Nielsen wrote:

> >Did you see my latest suggestion to put quotes around "<FAIL>"?
>
> First I got quotes around "<FAIL>" in my readers.conf.

And?  Can you access groups without a password?

> >It will allow access but show no groups.  However, that only happens
> >*before* the authentication (and thus is what you want).  Once somebody
> >tries to authenticate and gives a bad username, the connection is closed
> >immediately.
>
> No this is not what I want. My readers.conf do work and disconnect when the
> username or password are not found in my password file.
>
> I want that authentication are required on every connection else the
> connection is close immediately and I cannot find a way to setup the
> readers.conf so this is done.

I don't understand.  I thought we were agreed that this was what you
wanted.

Oh, wait.

    What happens now:  "list" shows no groups

    What you want:  "list" returns 480

Correct?

Hmm.  Ok, I think if you get rid of the <FAIL> idea entirely (delete the
"default" line from the auth block and delete the entire <FAIL> access
block) you will get that behavior.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org