A check that would be desirable for expireover, etc.

Joe St Sauver JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Sat Mar 30 02:11:42 UTC 2002

I recently accidentally ran expireover as root while debugging
some other issues, with the result that root soon owned
all the tradoverviews files, INN throttled, etc. Recovery is
obviously no big deal thanks to chown -R, but still...

Ergo, my suggestion: it would be super if expireover and similiar
commands checked to make sure that there were running as news:news
or something similarly sane before merrily rolling forward, as a
sort of minimum sanity check.

Regards,

Joe