ctlinnd lowmark requires fully qualified filename?

Joe St Sauver JOE at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Thu May 16 16:13:34 UTC 2002

In looking at ctlinnd lowmark, I notice that it doesn't nicely handle
relative or unqualified filenames, insisting on a fully qualified name, only...
E.G.:

  % ctlinnd lowmark temp.txt
  Cannot read input file
  % ctlinnd lowmark ./temp.txt
  Cannot read input file
  % pwd
  /news
  % ls -l ./temp.txt
  -rw-r--r--    1 news     news       719455 May 15 22:52 ./temp.txt

BUT...

  % ctlinnd lowmark /news/temp.txt
  Ok

I assume that this is a matter of ctlinnd lowmark being passed a hard path
unless a leading slash is seen on the filename argument... somehow, that
strikes me as broken behavior for a potentially interactive command.

And while we're on the topic of ctlinnd lowmark, man expireover shows a
one group lowmark example that looks like:

  echo example.test | expireover -f - -Z /usr/local/news/tmp/lowmark
  ctlinnd lowmark /usr/local/news/tmp/lowmark

When I try that, however, I get a very nice seg fault and a core dump...

  % echo rec.pyrotechnics | expireover -f - -Z /usr/local/news/tmp/lowmark
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

[and yes, /usr/local/news/tmp exists and is writable, etc.]

Just FYI, in case anyone is working on ctlinnd lowmark....

Regards,

Joe