history write time oddity

Ben Rosengart br+inn at panix.com
Fri May 17 22:17:49 UTC 2002

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:24:09AM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <20020503183030.GA18258 at panix.com>,
> 	Ben Rosengart <br+inn at panix.com> wrote;
>
> } INSTALL says that tagged-hash is desirable when RAM < (10 * tablesize),
> } but on this system, RAM (in bytes) is more like (40 * tablesize).  Any
> } idea what could be causing this?
>
> Can you trace history part with truss?

Hmm, I don't see an option to ktrace to monitor just the history
files.  I could trace only I/O, but innd does a lot of I/O, so it
would be hard to isolate the history stuff.

On NetBSD, truss (actually ktruss) is just a buggy front-end to
ktrace.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

1. A robot may not injure entertainment industry profits, or, through inaction,
   allow entertainment industry profits to come to harm.     --Matt McLeod