history write time oddity

Ben Rosengart br+inn at panix.com
Mon May 20 16:56:44 UTC 2002

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 05:03:27PM +0900, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <20020519065113.GA23402 at panix.com>,
> 	Ben Rosengart <br+inn at panix.com> wrote;
>
> } No, we tried that.  We also tried putting history on its own disk.
>
> Did you examined disk I/O on the case?

Yes.  We tried putting it on its own disk, as I said; no difference.
We tried an IDE disk and a fibre channel disk.  The only thing that
made a difference was turning on tagged-hash.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

1. A robot may not injure entertainment industry profits, or, through inaction,
   allow entertainment industry profits to come to harm.     --Matt McLeod