NFS support

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Thu May 23 12:36:31 UTC 2002

I'm not convinced inn-committers isn't still eating my commits, so to
be sure, I've just committed this change:

Add three new options to inn.conf:

nfswriter: assume the spool is on NFS mounted storage and use explicit
msync()s to try and force data out in a timely manner

nfsreader: assume the spool is on NFS mounted storage and use explicit
msync()s to try and invalidate data before using it to ensure up to
dateness

tradindexedmmap: don't use mmap() for tradindexed, read the data
directly.

tradindexedmmap corresponds to what what #ifdef NFSREADER and more
accurately describes what it does.

We also fix a bug in what was the NFSREADER code so we don't allocate
4 times as much ram as we need to read the overview in (the code was
allocating a pointer's worth of storage for every byte it needed to
read)
CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: 	doc/pod/inn.conf.pod include/innconf.h include/libinn.h
CVS: 	lib/getconfig.c samples/inn.conf.in scripts/inncheck.in
CVS: 	storage/cnfs/cnfs.c storage/ov3/ov3.c
CVS: 	storage/tradindexed/tdx-data.c storage/tradindexed/tdx-group.c

Using a combination of nfsreader and nfswriter we're successfully
running a single writer onto a shared NFS filestore and a bunch of
readers working off of it (all Solaris).

I was going to use the NFSREADER code until I figured out what it was
actually doing, but I'd already separated it into a config option
(tradindexedmmap).

I also changed the code in ov3.c (which I forgot to put in the commit
message) so that it used the permissions which were requested for the
overview rather than relying on the NFSREADER voodoo.