new "access" parameter in readers.conf

Ben Rosengart br+inn at panix.com
Fri May 24 19:53:11 UTC 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:48:12PM -0400, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:

> On Wed, 8 May 2002, Ben Rosengart wrote:
>
> > access "staff" {
> > 	users: "br at panix.com, [...]"
> > 	newsgroups: "*"
> > 	access: "Read Post"
> > 	moderate: "panix.*"
> > }
>
> Mmm.  Reasonable.  And what semantics should we have for crossposts where
> multiple groups in the crosspost are moderated?

I think we should only allow it through if the user has moderate
access to all of the moderated groups in the Newsgroups line.  I
don't know if this would be possible, but it would be nice if the
news client were able to offer the user the option of dropping some
group(s) or cancelling the post entirely.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

1. A robot may not injure entertainment industry profits, or, through inaction,
   allow entertainment industry profits to come to harm.     --Matt McLeod