innfeed problem.

Jeremy Koski jayk at weblook2k.com
Mon May 27 09:11:27 UTC 2002

It is. Attached is my newsfeeds and innfeed.conf.

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <Pine.GSO.4.44.0205261537530.1457-100000 at netra.weblook2k.com>,
> 	Jeremy Koski <jayk at weblook2k.com> wrote;
>
> } I am unable to feed news. This is what shows up in the
> } log files for _every_ article:
>
> Are you sure 'peer1.nntp.lightning.net' is configured
> in innfeed.conf?
> --
> Katsuhiro Kondou

-- File: newsfeeds

##  $Id: newsfeeds.in,v 1.14.2.2 2001/02/07 00:35:15 rra Exp $
##
##  newsfeeds - determine where Usenet articles get sent
##
##  Format:
##	site[/exclude,exclude...]\
##		:pattern,pattern...[/distrib,distrib...]\
##		:flag,flag...\
##		:param
##
##  This file is complicated -- see newsfeeds(5) for full details.

##  The ME feed entry is special magic.
##
##  "/exclude" entries for this feed entry will cause INN to reject all
##  articles that have passed through those listed sites (by matching
##  be listed as exclusions to reject specific types of 3rd-party cancel
##  messages (see the "Cancel FAQ" in news.admin.net-abuse.usenet):
##
##	cyberspam	Cancels for spam, munged articles, binaries
##	spewcancel	Cancels for munged articles and runaway gateways
##	bincancel	Cancels for binary postings to non-binary groups
##      udpcancel       Cancels to force sites to enforce antispam policies
##
##  The "pattern" field for this feed entry gives the initial subscription
##  list for all other feeds specified in this file.  These patterns are
##  *prepended* to all other feed patterns.  Using this feature is
##  confusing and mildly discouraged; make sure you understand the man
##  page before using it.
##
##  "/distrib" for this feed entry specifies what distributions the server
##  will accept.  If any distributions are listed there, the server will
##  accept only articles with those distributions.  If all the
##  distributions listed are negated (starting with !), then the server
##  will only accept articles without those distributions.
##
##  Patterns affect *outgoing* feeds.  Distributions affect *incoming*
##  feeds.

# Empty default subscription list, reject all incoming articles with a
# distribution of "local" or "collabra-internal," accept all others.
ME:!*/!local,!collabra-internal::
#ME:!*,!weblook*::

# The same as the above, but would reject all posts that have
# news.example.com in the path (posts passing through that site).
#ME/news.example.com:!*/!local,!collabra-internal::

##  Uncomment if you're using innfeed.  This feed tells INN how to run
##  innfeed, and then every site you're feeding with innfeed has a
##  flag of Tm and an argument of "innfeed!" to funnel into this feed.
##  The feed pattern for innfeed should *always* be "!*"; don't ever
##  feed articles directly into innfeed.
##
##  Add "-y" as an option to startinnfeed to use the name of each feed as
##  the name of the host to feed articles to; without "-y" an innfeed.conf
##  file is needed.

# innfeed funnel master.
innfeed!\
	:!*\
	:Tc,Wnm*:/news/bin/startinnfeed

##  Uncomment if usecontrolchan is set to true in inn.conf.  See INSTALL
##  for more information.

# Send non-cancel control messages through controlchan.
controlchan!\
	:!*,control,control.*,!control.cancel\
	:Tc,Wnsm:/news/bin/controlchan

##  Only uncomment this feed if both enableoverview and useoverchan are
##  set to true in inn.conf.  By default, innd will write out overview
##  internally and doesn't need or want this feed, but useoverchan can
##  optionally be set to true and this feed uncommented to move those
##  operations out of innd's main loop.

# News overview.
#overview!:*:Tc,WnteO:/news/bin/overchan

##  OUTGOING NORMAL FEED EXAMPLES

# A real-time feed through innfeed.  Don't send articles with a distribution
# of "foo", since those articles are internal.
#news.uu.net/uunet\
#	:!junk,!control*/!foo\
#	:Tm:innfeed!

peer1.nntp.lightning.net/lightning\
        :*,!weblook*,!control*\
        :Tm:innfeed!

sjc1.nntp.concentric.net/concentric\
        :*,!weblook*,!control*\
        :Tm:innfeed!

newsfeed-west.nntpserver.com/nntpserver\
        :*,!weblook*,!control*\
        :Tm:innfeed!

netra.weblook2k.com/weblook\
        :*,!weblook*,!control*\
        :Tm:innfeed!

# Create a batch file in /news/spool/outgoing for all articles
# that haven't already passed through nic.near.net.  The batch file will
# be named nic.near.net, the default file name, and either nntpsend or
# send-nntp can send articles from that spool file.
#nic.near.net\
#	:!junk,!control*/!foo\
#	:Tf,Wnm:

# A UUCP feed, where we try to keep the "batching" between 4K and 1K.
#ihnp4\
#	:!junk,!control/!foo\
#	:Tf,Wnb,B4096/1024:

##  OUTGOING SPECIAL FEED EXAMPLES

# Feed all moderated source postings to an archiver.
#source-archive!:!*,*sources*,!*wanted*,!*.d\
#	:Tc,Wn:/news/bin/archive -f -i /news/spool/archive/INDEX

# News to mail gateway.  Similar to innfeed, this uses a master feed and
# then individual feeds for every separate address that news is being
# gated to.  This sends all posts to rec.pets.redants.* to the address
# news-software at example.com.
#news2mail!:!*:Tc,Ac,Wn*:/news/bin/news2mail
#news-software at example.com:rec.pets.redants.*:Tm:news2mail!

# Capture all local postings (with a distribution of "foo" and no more
# than two sites in the Path) using a local program (that doesn't come with
# INN).
#capture\
#	:*/foo\
#	:Tp,H2:/usr/local/bin/capture %s

-- File: innfeed.conf

# $Revision: 1.2 $
#
# Sample innfeed config file. See the comment block at the
# end for a fuller description of the format, and innfeed.conf(5) for a
# description of the entries.
#

##
## Global values. Not specific to any peer. These are optional, but if
## used will override the compiled in values.
##

pid-file:			innfeed.pid		# relative to pathrun
debug-level:			3
use-mmap:			false
log-file:			innfeed.log		# relative to pathlog
stdio-fdmax:			0

## Uncomment the next line to include the contents
## of ``testfile'' at this point.

#$INCLUDE testfile

backlog-directory:		innfeed			# relative to pathspool
backlog-rotate-period:		60
backlog-ckpt-period:		30
backlog-newfile-period:		600

dns-retry:			900
dns-expire:			86400
close-period:			3600
gen-html:			false
status-file:			innfeed.status		# relative to pathlog
connection-stats:		true
host-queue-highwater:		200
stats-period:			600
stats-reset:			43200

max-reconnect-time:		3600
initial-reconnect-time:		30
bindaddress:                    10.0.0.92

##
## Defaults for all peers. These must all exist at
## global scope. Any of them can be redefined
## inside a peer or group definition.
##

article-timeout:		600
response-timeout:		300
initial-connections:		1
max-connections:		10
max-queue-size:			25
streaming:			true
no-check-high:			95.0
no-check-low:			90.0
no-check-filter:		50.0
port-number:			119
drop-deferred:			false
min-queue-connection:		false
backlog-limit:			0
backlog-factor:			1.10
backlog-limit-highwater:	0
dynamic-method:			3
dynamic-backlog-filter:		0.7
dynamic-backlog-low:		25.0
dynamic-backlog-high:		50.0
no-backlog:			false

##
## Peers.
##
#peer decwrl {
#        ip-name:                news1.pa.dec.com
#}

#peer uunet {
#        ip-name:                news.uunet.uu.net
#        max-connections:        10
#}

##
## Group peers together to give second level defaults.
##
#group fast-sites {
#	max-connections: 7
#
#	peer data.ramona.vix.com {
#		# ip-name defaults to data.ramona.vix.com
#	        streaming:              false
#	}
#
#	peer bb.home.vix.com {
#	        ip-name:        192.5.5.33
#	}
#}

# Blank lines are ignored. Exerything after a '#'
# is ignored too.
#
# Format is:
#               key : value
#
# See innfeed.conf(5) for a description of
# necessary & useful keys. Unknown keys and their
# values are ignored.
#
# Values may be a integer, floating-point, c-style
# single-quoted characters, boolean, and strings.
#
# If a string value contains whitespace, or
# embedded quotes, or the comment character
# (``#''), then the whole string must be quoted
# with double quotes.  Inside the quotes, you may
# use the standard c-escape sequence
# (\t,\n,\r,\f,\v,\",\').
#
# Examples:
#       eg-string:      "New\tConfig\tfile\n"
#       eg-long-string: "A long string that goes
#                       over multiple lines. The
#                       newline is kept in the
#                       string except when quoted
#                       with a backslash \
#                       as here."
#       eg-simple-string: A-no-quote-string
#       eg-integer:     10
#       eg-boolean:     true
#       eg-char:        'a'
#       eg-ctrl-g:      '\007'

peer lightning {
        ip-name:                peer1.nntp.lightning.net
        max-connections:        10
}

peer concentric {
        ip-name:                sjc1.nntp.concentric.net
        max-connections:        10
}

peer nntpserver {
        ip-name:                newsfeed-west.nntpserver.com
        max-connections:        10
}

peer weblook {
        ip-name:                netra.weblook2k.com
        max-connections:        10
}