tdx-util feature request

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 5 00:54:51 UTC 2002

Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:

> Suppose tdx-util encounters an article not listed in history.  Is there
> any reason it can't add it?  It seems like this would be a useful
> feature.

innd needs to be stopped first, but other than that, no, no reason at all.
It would have to cobble up an arrival time, but the stat time on the file
would probably be sufficient under most circumstances.

I think this should probably be in a separate tradspool tool, though,
along with a few other things like tools to clean up all the orphaned
articles from groups that have beem rmgrouped.  It's not really a
tradindexed overview thing, after all.