nnrpd issue

Pavel V. Knyazev pasha at surnet.ru
Fri Nov 15 11:06:43 UTC 2002

Hi everybody.

I'm complaining for a THIRD time
but the problem still exists.

group alt.binaries.sounds.mp3
211 63130 2395958 2460705 alt.binaries.sounds.mp3
next
223 2409831 <aqrm12$ga2$6 at reader12.wxs.nl> Article retrieved; request text
separately.

The problem is that after a 'next' command has been requested,
INN returns the answer only after 90-120 seconds and sometimes even later.
After a minute has gone my newsreader reopens another connection
to the server and tries 'next' once again ... and so on.
Moreover nnrpd uses a lot of CPU resources (up to 100%) at this time.

Even a few days ago it was ok.
Now when the articles amount has grown up,
i'm unable to retrieve articles with my newsreader software.
I cannot disable 'next'ing - there's no option to do so.

Please help!

--
Pavel V. Knyazev