[INN-COMMITTERS] inn/authprogs (libauth.c)

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Nov 17 01:57:31 UTC 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:

> Modified: libauth.c

There's something subtly wrong here, but I can't track it down.

IPv4 addresses always work fine.  But if compiled with --enable-ipv6, IPv6
addresses only seem to cause some sort of memory corruption.  (I get
segfaults from free() or freeaddrinfo(), depending on what interface to
the library I use.)

I can't seem to track it down because gdb gets very confused -- for
example, I can set a breakpoint, print out some values, do "step" and have
it report that the program terminated with exit status 1, even though
there is no exit(1) nearby.

I'm starting to wonder if there's something very weird on my system.  If
anybody else with IPv6 enabled wants to test this (you can test it from
the source tree; doesn't need to affect the installed INN), you might for
example run `authprogs/domain litech.org < foo` where foo is a file
containing:

    ClientHost: localhost
    ClientIP: ::1
    ClientPort: 119
    LocalIP: ::1
    LocalPort: 119
    .

I can't spend any more time on this today; if anybody has the combination
of circumstances that would trigger this in practice, I have no problem
with rolling it back until I can get it working.  Let me know.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org