estimated number of articles in group

Kazunori HASEGAWA hase-sp at netlaputa.ne.jp
Fri Nov 29 02:46:56 UTC 2002

hello, again.

> I'm using CNFS storage methods and buffindexed overview method.
> enableoverview is true in inn.conf.
> I also have these lines listed below in the news user's crontab.
>
> 45 2 * * * /usr/local/news/bin/news.daily expireover lowmark
> 10 20,10 * * * /usr/local/news/bin/news.daily notdaily expireover

I've set groupbaseexpiry to false in inn.conf.
And when expireover runs, the default value of EXPENSIVESTAT is set to false
for cnfs/timecaf storage method.
So any overview entries for cancelled article still remains, I guess.

Now group command returns proper result after having run expireover with `-s' manually.
I'd like to know recommended groupbaseexpiry setting (true of false) for cnfs method.

regards,

Kazunori HASEGAWA
Spaceply, Inc.