estimated number of articles in group

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Fri Nov 29 16:29:07 UTC 2002

In article <20021129114656.4637c0f%hase-sp at netlaputa.ne.jp>,
	Kazunori HASEGAWA <hase-sp at netlaputa.ne.jp> wrote;

} I've set groupbaseexpiry to false in inn.conf.
} And when expireover runs, the default value of EXPENSIVESTAT is set to false
} for cnfs/timecaf storage method.
} So any overview entries for cancelled article still remains, I guess.

Relevant code in buffindexed.c is

    if (!SMprobe(EXPENSIVESTAT, &token, NULL) || OVstatall) {
      if ((ah = SMretrieve(token, RETR_STAT)) == NULL)
        continue;
      SMfreearticle(ah);
    } else {
      if (!OVhisthasmsgid(h, data))
        continue;
    }

and I think your case should fall in upper routine.

} Now group command returns proper result after having run expireover with `-s' manually.

'-s' means OVstatall set to true.  So, are you sure
you run only cnfs and timecaf?
--
Katsuhiro Kondou