Pb with expiry history files.

christophe.j christophe.j at newel.net
Wed Oct 2 16:29:40 UTC 2002

Hello,
I comme bak with my problem of history file which is still not solved.

> What do the non-comment lines in your expire.ctl look like, by the way?

expire.ctl file:
##  Keep for 1-10 days, allow Expires headers to work.
*:A:1:1:never

> That doesn't look like an exactly cut and paste of the error message, or
at least I can't find any part of INN that would generate that particular
message. Can I get an exact cut and paste of the error message that you
see in syslog?

cut and paste of /var/log/news/news.err :

Oct 1 19:55:43 localhost innd: SERVER cant write
79C895BFE33BA2EB90E9ADDB313A6578
Oct 1 20:52:44 localhost innd: SERVER cant write
CBEDB3DBDF0ABD8F3D9C49218CF82E6C
Oct 1 22:30:47 localhost innd: SERVER cant write
34A27BAEBC9B875A4BD2F93FCBADF7FB

Note, it's look like a 16 Byte Hexadecimal number.
If you open /var/lib/news/history file with a text editor you can see
sometimes a line with:
[34A27BAEBC9B875A4BD2F93FCBADF7FB]

Behaps  these messages are due to the fact that I have truncated history
file manually.

The file history.pag grown bigger by jump, it currently makes 80 MBytes.
Can you indicate to me the normal size of this file?
Is the program news.daily which manages the files history and history.pag?

Think's for your help.
Christophe