Overview corruption (inn 2.3.3)

patricks at support.nl patricks at support.nl
Thu Oct 3 16:53:18 UTC 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Russ Allbery wrote:

> patricks <patricks at support.nl> writes:
>
> > My INN 2.3.3 configuration seems to corrupt my overview.
>
> > If i retrieve a message using "article Number" and then i try to
> > retrieve the same message but this time by the messageID with "article
> > MessageID", i get a complete different message with a complete different
> > MessageID.
>
> Did you run makehistory before 2.3.3, or did you have any sort of crash?
> makehistory in versions before 2.3.3 can cause this problem.

We've had this problem before and we did a makehistory -O -x -F
That didn't fix the problem. We didnot remove the old overview first.

> Usually the only way to fix it is to rebuild overview (see the makehistory
> man page).

makehistory -O -x -F took more than 1 week (big spool, the history
file is more than 5Gb). So we simply can't remove the old overview first.

Can we use tdx-util to fix this? However, the spool is cnfs and
not traditional.

Thanks.

-Patrick