anyone tried CURRENT on OSX 10.2.1?

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Sun Oct 6 09:32:17 UTC 2002

I'm trying to build CURRENT on OSX 10.2.1, and found some
warnings and errors;

gcc   -o innd art.o cc.o chan.o icd.o innd.o keywords.o lc.o nc.o newsfeeds.o ng.o perl.o proc.o python.o rc.o site.o status.o tcl.o util.o wip.o /Users/kondou/inn/storage/libstorage.a /Users/kondou/inn/history/libinnhist.a /Users/kondou/inn/lib/libinn.a      ../lib/perl.o /System/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a -L/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE -lperl -lm -lc
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _snprintf
/Users/kondou/inn/lib/libinn.a(snprintf.o) definition of _snprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(snprintf.So) definition of _snprintf
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _vsnprintf
/Users/kondou/inn/lib/libinn.a(snprintf.o) definition of _vsnprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(vsnprintf.So) definition of _vsnprintf
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _warn
/Users/kondou/inn/lib/libinn.a(messages.o) definition of _warn in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(err.So) definition of _warn

I think this should not be warned if libm.dylib which is
symbolic link to libSystem.dylib is created correctly like
utilizing #pragma weak.

As to snprintf() and vsnprintf(), there is another problem.
OSX has snprintf() and vsnprintf(), but they are not
utilized, since snprintf(NULL, 0, "%s", "abcd") OSX returns
-1 which should be 4.  I think this must be a bug of OSX,
and also reported to
http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/bugrptform.html.
Anyway, I'll ignore these for the time being.

And here is the last one(I've got some other errors but
those are fixed by myself, and I'll soon commit);

cd storage   && make programs
gcc   -o tdx-util tdx-util.o tdx-cache.o tdx-data.o tdx-group.o tradindexed.o /Users/kondou/inn/storage/libstorage.a /Users/kondou/inn/history/libinnhist.a /Users/kondou/inn/lib/libinn.a
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _snprintf
/Users/kondou/inn/lib/libinn.a(snprintf.o) definition of _snprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(snprintf.So) definition of _snprintf
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _vsnprintf
/Users/kondou/inn/lib/libinn.a(snprintf.o) definition of _vsnprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(vsnprintf.So) definition of _vsnprintf
ld: Undefined symbols:
_OVstatall
_ACTIVE
_EXPunlinkfile
_OVearliest
_OVignoreselfexpire
_OVkeep
_OVnow
_OVnumpatterns
_OVpatterns
_OVquiet
_OVrealnow
_OVusepost
make[2]: *** [tdx-util] Error 1
make[1]: *** [programs] Error 1
make: *** [all-store-util] Error 2

Of course, those symbols are included in libstorage.a.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou