throttle File exists writing SMstore file -- throttling

Mark Hoover mhoover at nps.k12.va.us
Mon Oct 7 12:52:37 UTC 2002

Thanks for the help!  I found out it's a bad idea to do the below when on =
has SUed
to root, but after re-chowning the entire /var/spool/news directory =
structure it's
back to functioning properly.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:53:55 -0500 (EST)
From: "Paul R. Coen" <PCOEN at drew.edu>
Subject: Re: throttle File exists writing SMstore file -- throttling

Funny, this just happened to me last week on our server as well. I found
the the stepts you outlined below only worked if I did the following:

1) Removed at least group.index from the overview directory. (I didn't
actually trust any of the data, so I just blew all of it away)
2) makehistory -O -x -F
3) started news
4) ctlinnd renumber ""

Untill I did step #1, I kept seeing the same thing you have. I'm using
INN 2.3.3, tradspool, tradindexed.