Removing articles from the history file

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen larsi at gnus.org
Tue Oct 15 13:27:13 UTC 2002

Katsuhiro Kondou <Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org> writes:

> Unfortunately, you cannot.  dbz refuses to add already
> existed data which mean duplicated Message-ID.

Yup.

I found a different method to renumber articles, though.  I've
altered the prunehistory command to overwrite the storage token in
the history file with a new storage token.  That's possible since the
tokens have identical length.  And that pretty much achieves
everything I need.  (I also have to alter the Xrefs header, do a
rebuild of the overview file and do at "ctlinnd renumber group", but
that's easy enough.  :-)

   larsi at gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen