New configuration parser ready

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 2 06:40:04 UTC 2002

Russ Allbery <rra at Stanford.EDU> writes:

> My plan on finishing this conversion is to commit the new code to the
> repository but not enable it.  I'll then work on writing a new version
> of innconfval that also uses the new parser.  Once that's done, I'll
> prepare a patch that will switch all of the programs in INN over to
> using the new code to parse inn.conf.  Then, at the same time as
> committing that patch, I'll enable running of innupgrade during make
> update.

> Does this sound reasonable to everyone?

This is now ready to go, or at least it all compiles and I've run enough
tests to convince myself that it should work.  Note that the code
currently in the repository will only work on Solaris (and there by
accident) since the new code expects all the elements of the innconf
struct to be char *, bool, or long, and that's not true of the current
struct.  This is fixed in the pending patch.

I also moved the innconf struct out of libinn.h (which is being slowly
cleaned out to eventually be moved to inn/util.h or something similar)
into inn/innconf.h, which means that new includes had to be added all over
the place.  That let me make sure I caught every source file that had
references to the struct so that I could look them over.

innconfval should work a little nicer with this implementation, and be
robust against such things as double-quotes in parameter values.