PushIOvHelper errors

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 11 18:50:13 UTC 2002

Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net> writes:
> On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 17:37, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>> On Sep 11, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

>> While talking about performance we should find a way to plug in
>> optional use of sendfile(2), it saves really a lot of CPU time on busy
>> servers.

> Designing in sendfile (and sendfilev) at the same time as a mass
> restructure of nnrpd sounds like a sensible plan.

It's pretty straightforward on the storage API end; just add an SMsendfile
routine that takes a token and a file descriptor.  Overview will be
trickier and isn't as obvious of a win.

The internal implementation of SMsendfile for tradspool will need to
account for non-wireformat articles, though.

Not sure where we'd use sendfilev?