Pb with expiry history files.

christophe.j christophe.j at newel.net
Thu Sep 12 20:50:39 UTC 2002

>Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:07:17 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "Jeffrey M. Vinocur" <jeff at litech.org>
>Subject: Re: Pb with expiry history files.
>

>On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, christophe.j wrote:
>
>> Is this the program news.daily which should deal with that?
>>
>> I looked in the crontab, I have a line like that:
>> su - news -c "/usr/bin/news.daily delayrm"
>
>Your English is fine :-)
>
>Try instead
>su - news -c "/usr/bin/news.daily delayrm expireover lowmark"

Hello,
Thank you for your help, I have tested your solution for a week.
It with have modification on the active file, it is now:
fr.test 0000xxxx 0000xxxx y
but the principal problem with the files history and history.pag persists.
The file history is still not purged and the file history.pag is now
blocked.
It makes 70 MB and I have always error messages type:
Aug 30 17:24:32 localhost innd:  SERVER cant Write
E5014940998838EC4CFFD66Å8819B0B

Note what does not seem to affect the operation of the server.
Which is the fonction of history.pag file and how is it updated?

Christophe