Problems with "access" in readers.conf

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen larsi at gnus.org
Sun Sep 22 21:58:07 UTC 2002

Using inn 2.3.2, I've got the following snippet in readers.conf:

access "open" {
    users: "<open>"
    post: "*"
    access: RP
    read: "*"
}

I thought this would mean that people on the "<open>" group would be
allowed to read and post, but not to post with Approved headers.  Is
this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

(I've just grepped through the 2.3.2 and CURRENT sources, and I see
there's a lot of new code in nnrpd dealing with "Approved", so perhaps
it wasn't implemented in 2.3.2?  If so, is there a quick fix
available, or should I upgrade to CURRENT?)

   larsi at gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen