Fresh install

Rick Reed rreed at budgetext.com
Wed Sep 25 19:15:32 UTC 2002

The news user on my machine doesn't have any shell.  Is it okay to assign
it /bin/bash?  Will it hurt anything?
I got the history stuff setup correctly now according to INSTALL.
Innd doesn't appear to start nor does inndstart.  No errors, I just can see
anything in ps nor do I see it listening on those ports from the network.
I'm trying to find which file in /etc it assigns what TCP port numbers for
what services to make sure nothing else is already using NNTP port but I
can't remember what file it is or where.

Thanks much for all the help so far.

Don't shoot the messenger,
Rick Reed
rreed at budgetext.com