502: You have no permission to talk

Boryan Yotov yotov at prosyst.com
Mon Aug 4 13:24:52 UTC 2003

Hello,

maybe its a good idea to enable news.debug in syslog.conf
to point to similarly named file inside your news server
log folder:
e.g. add the following syslog entry:

news.debug		/usr/local/news/log/news.debug

and like news user:

#touch /usr/local/news/log/news.debug

finally send SIGHUP to syslog.

Then depending on how your auth sections are named you'll
be able to see in news.debug file if your connection
matches an existing auth section from readers.conf.

At least you could try the following readers.conf in order
to see if you have access at all, if not then check carefully
your inn.conf whether the "noreader" optionis is not set to
true by error:

auth allallowed {
   hosts: *
   default: <norestriction>
}

access allallowed {
   users: <norestriction>
   read: *,!control*,!junk
   post: *,!control*,!junk
}

Note:
Aug  4 08:37:12 marcos innd: SERVER bad_newsfeeds no feeding sites
means taht you have an error in your etc/newsfeeds file.

regards,
Boryan Yotov