Recovery Help ...

divya at avnika.com divya at avnika.com
Tue Aug 5 15:22:05 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Due to a filesystem corruption, my RedHat 7.2 based News
Server took a beating.

I could not recover the root partition, so I had to build a
new root disk and was able to mount the filesystem
containing the CNFS Spools.

I have managed to reconstruct the config files, but I do not
know how to revuild the active file or others so that all
the articles stored in the CNFS buffers will be visible
without any article numbering issues.

What to do? How can I rebuild the active file and other
files to recover the system to as close a state as it was
before the crash?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Divya Sundaram ----------------------------- CONDITUR IN PETRA
We don't need more strength, or greater opportunity. What we
need is to use what we have.                  - BASIL S. WALSH
------ Motorola Applications Directory Services Team ---------