Readers.conf and auth access

News Administrator newsadmin at 3000.it
Tue Aug 5 18:16:43 UTC 2003

Hi all,

i'm trying to setup auth access for INN 2.4 on Linux, but i'm getting errors
trying to access with authentication. My readers.conf is setup as below:

auth "authusers" {
        hosts: *
        auth: "/usr/lib/news/bin/auth/passwd/ckpasswd -f /etc/news/innauth"
        default: "<authusers>"
}

access "authusers" {
        users: "<authusers>"
        read: "*, !junk, !control*, !local*"
        post: "*"
}

The strange thing it's that if i try to auth myself i don't get access. If i
try to connect without authentication i can get full access. Maybe it's a
simple mistake in my configuration, but i've tried many configuration
without success. .... Who can help me?

Thanks and Regards

Stefano

--
Stefano Cislaghi [SC1791-RIPE]
3000.it News Administrator
newsadmin at 3000.it

Peering? We're looking for comp.* and news.* peers - Contact us for more
details

Please reports any abuse to: abuse at 3000.it