Problem with 2.3.4 and overview

patricks at support.nl patricks at support.nl
Mon Aug 25 10:49:34 UTC 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Przemys=B3aw Maciuszko <sal at agora.pl> writes:
> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 09:16:51AM -0400, Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
>
> >> All of them, or only some?
>
> > Some.
>
> Generally, it means that overchan isn't keeping up with INN for some
> reason.

overchan backlogs to spool/outgoing if i'm not mistaking.
What does inn do when when you don't use overchan? Does it
dump the overview data somewhere or does it delay inn?

I've read overchan isn't as reliable as the internal inn
functionality anymore. If a feed is delayed by overview write as shown
in innreport (31%) can it be wise to enable overchan? Especially
in a multi-processor environment?

BTW: Inn version is 2.4.1 (20030820 CVS prerelease).

Thanks.

Patrick Schreurs
Support.Net / News-Service.com