ssl connection does not work at all

Jochen Gensch incmc at gmx.de
Thu Dec 11 20:04:48 UTC 2003

Hi!

I'm trying to set up an easy config, so that everyone needs to use ssl
to connect to my news server plus a username/password. First I tried it
without ssl, which was working properly. Now witl ssl...however it just
rejects everbody without giving me any kind of log message.

Here is my sasl.conf
---
tls_ca_path:            /usr/local/news/lib
tls_cert_file:          /usr/local/news/lib/cert.pem
tls_key_file:           /usr/local/news/lib/cert.pem
---

and here is the readers.conf
---
auth alle {
    auth: "ckpasswd -f /usr/local/etc/inn/nnrpd-passwd"
    require_ssl: true
    }

access alle {
    read: *,!junk,!control,!control.*
    post: *,!junk,!control,!control.*
    }
---

I created a cert file into the path mentioned above and chown'ed it.
If I do a "telnet host 119" it says "You have no permission to talk"
But if try to connect by using a newsreader with ssl support, it
says just nothing.
Damn it.... :-(

Any ideas?

Best regards, Jochen