Articles stuck in /var/spool/news/incoming

Nigel Telles ntelles at metrohm.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 11:50:55 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: inn-workers-bounce at isc.org [mailto:inn-workers-bounce at isc.org] On
Behalf Of Russ Allbery
Sent: 18 December 2003 21:57
To: inn-workers at isc.org
Subject: Re: Articles stuck in /var/spool/news/incoming

Nigel Telles <ntelles at metrohm.co.uk> writes:

> 	on checking the news spool for these articles none were found.
> 	on Further investigation I happen to notice that these articles
are
> stuck in /var/spool/news/incoming. On checking some of these they are
> the missing ones.

> 	My question is as to why they are stuck here and what do I need
to do
> get them to move to there appropriate spooled articled folders

Run rnews -U as the news user.  You probably want to run that hourly
from cron.

Nigel: I already have this running as a cron job hourly.
And I have also throttled the server so no more posts are accepted and
run the command as you suggested as news user
And the articles are still in /var/spool/news/incoming

Nigel: I have tried running the command you suggested without throttle
on the news server and the result is the Same as above.

--
Russ Allbery (rra at stanford.edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>