internal SITEreader

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Sat Feb 1 15:49:33 UTC 2003

On Feb 01, "Jeffrey M. Vinocur" <jeff at litech.org> wrote:

 >Quick background:  the stuff in innd/chan.c is overlaid on select(),
 >essentially.  We maintain a bunch of "channels" (file descriptors plus
 >lots of extra state), and mark some of them for reading or writing with
 >the FD_SET FD_CLR FD_ZERO macros described in the select() documentation.
I started looking at the code and I tought that I could mitigate the
effects of the bug by cleaning the bit of the fd in RCHANmask every time
SITEreader is called. Does this sound reasonable?

Either this or I downgrade INN because I can't afford the daemon sucking
all the CPU time every few hours.

--
ciao,
Marco