Transferring Messages from one News Server to Another.

Nigel Telles ntelles at metrohm.co.uk
Thu Feb 6 14:37:20 UTC 2003

I copied active file from old newsserver to new newsserver ( I was under
the miss-apprehension the groups would automatically be generated )
Thanks that is now solved..now only 6 messages seemed to have
transferred( today's quota so far) instead Of all the messages. (1272
refused)

	I have tried entering ctlinnd param c 0 and changing the
parameter in inn.conf (artcutoff to 0 - then restarting news server )
just in case this was having any effect

But still 1272 messages have been refused as specified by syslog.
/var/log/news
Shows no errors

Nigel Telles
ntelles at metrohm.co.uk

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Nigel Telles wrote:

> my New NewsServer that is receiving the Articles is rejecting them all

You'll need to examine the ~news/log/news file to see the rejection
reasons.

The file format is documented in innd(8).

> I tried changing settings in readers.conf and newsfeeds ( made backup
> copies of originals )

Neither of these files is relevant to this issue.  readers.conf controls

what articles clients can read, and newsfeeds controls how news is sent
out.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org