Changing initialized buffer size

Przemysław Maciuszko sal at agora.pl
Mon Feb 10 17:05:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 05:49:37PM +0100, Przemysław Maciuszko wrote:

> Is it possible to change size of already initialized CNFS buffer with
> cnfsheadconf?
> All I can see is the posibility to change 'used' size of the buffer :(

All I need to do is shrunk the buffer size. Few days ago I've moved my CNFS
buffers to raw-devices. I've put a little smaller size in cycbuff.conf, but
few minutes ago I got the following errors:
Feb 10 17:36:58 inews1 innd: [ID 617541 news.error] CNFS-sm: cnfs_store
xwritev failed for 'REST1' offset 0x43735d000: No such device or address

In a few hours time I will get into 'too big size of the buffers in
cycbuff.conf' problem, with other 32 buffers.

All now I can do is to shrunk buffers and corresponding 'buffer size' in
cycbuff.conf
However it seems weird. It looks like Solaris/INN has some trouble in
reaching and of the disk (in my configuration one disk==one CNFS buffer)

--
Przemysław Maciuszko
Agora S.A.