CNFS buffers wrap much too soon

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 12 20:15:37 UTC 2003

Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl> writes:

> However those buffers unexpectedly rollover at 1-5 GB instead of at 140
> GB. I've logged the output of cnfsstat every 5 minutes so that you can
> see what's happening (the line "for groups matching" doesn't make much
> sense, it's probably just taking the first line of a matching
> storage.conf entry while there are multiple):

One thing to check is to make sure that the problem isn't actually with
cnfsstat and not with the CNFS code itself.  With buffers over 2GB, I
don't really trust the cnfsstat output a whole lot.

> I have this running on other servers, but I cheated and compiled only
> cnfs.c in 64 bit mode and the rest of the server in 32 bit mode, and
> that does actually work.

That works better than compiling all of INN in 64-bit mode?

> I'm going to put some debug messages into cnfs.c probably around the
> place where it says "CNFS-sm: cycbuff hda3 rollover to cycle .."  but if
> anyone has seen this before I'd like to know.

I think that sounds like a really good idea....