I would really like to see expire gone

Alex Kiernan alexk at demon.net
Fri Feb 14 09:29:19 UTC 2003

alexk at gwhdemnts02.server.demon.net writes:

> Alex Kiernan <alexk at demon.net> writes:

> > [...]
> >
> > > I'm going to fix my berkeley DB build and move the history file which
> > > is being read from off of the device (and play with directio and
> > > different block sizes) and try again.
> > >

> > OK, I found a bigger box to try on (dual 1GHz UltraSparc III w/ 8GB of
> > RAM)
> >

> OK, if anyone's interested here's what I found w/ some different
> scenarios...

And a final one - using the same E250 as before and the code
recompiled as 32 bit.

Using a btree the data inserts in 82:14:28.98 (3 days 9 hours), using
a hash the data inserts in 77:46:52.60 (3 days 5 hours). The final DB
sizes are 4039434240 (3.7GB) for the btree and 5370626048 (5GB) for
the hash.

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc