2.3.5 w/db 4.1.25

Ron Jarrell jarrell at solaris.cc.vt.edu
Fri Feb 14 21:10:52 UTC 2003

Ok, so, I had my head stuck in the world of mail servers for a while, and have
been somewhat ignoring inn... Now I'm trying to catch up.  Running 20030213
current.  Now, based on the news file, it looks like it should be capable of
working with berkeley db 4, and I've got 4.1.25 installed.  However, when
I try to run makehistory to build a new db I get

makehistory: Can't add control to overview group.index

And in syslog get:
Feb 14 16:04:37 babylon5 makehistory[1768]: [ID 122975 news.error] OVDB: Transac
tion specified for a DB handle opened outside a transaction
Feb 14 16:04:37 babylon5 makehistory[1768]: [ID 582494 news.error] OVDB: groupad
d: groupsbyname->get: Invalid argument

So, am I completely misreading:

    * Compilation fixes with Perl 5.8.0, BerkeleyDB 4.x, current versions of
      Linux (including with large file support), and Tru64.  inndf fixes for
      ReiserFS.

And I shouldn't be using db 4?  (I *really* want to try using 4, as the
regular "ovdb siezes up inn" might go away with the thread improvements in
db 4)