CNFS offset problems

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Feb 19 03:49:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Jeffrey M Vinocur <jeff at litech.org> writes:
>
> > I haven't updated, because I thought you said the fix only affected 2GB
> > cycbuffs.  Should I anyway?
>
> Sorry, wasn't clear... I meant that I'd not seen any problems with my
> system (which uses 1GB buffers) after the very first fix for this some
> weeks ago.

Ah, I see.  I've updated now (with Katsuhiro's fix as well), and will
report back if it breaks.

BTW, I don't have time to track this down, but following the series of
messages that ends in this (tried to dd out the cycbuff while only
throttled, but it didn't work)

  Feb 18 22:45:39 puck nnrpd[12852]: cant initialize storage method, one
  or more storage methods failed initialization

I get the following incredibly insightful log message:

  Feb 18 22:45:39 puck nnrpd[12852]:  times user 0.020 system 0.010 idle
  0.000 elapsed 1045626339.795
  Feb 18 22:45:39 puck nnrpd[12852]:  time 1949286867

Which perhaps overestimates my connection time just slightly.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org