gnupg signature checking for control messages

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 14 20:12:42 UTC 2003

Antonio Aneiros <aaneiros at arrakis.es> writes:

> Is it posible to use control.checkgroups messages for group control
> within a private network?

It is, but you have to be careful.  I've found it easier to use something
like ssh or Kerberized rsh to connect to each host and issue ctlinnd
commands instead.  The control message archives are full of leaked control
messages from people who tried to do this and failed to keep the control
messages from escaping.

It's a reasonable approach if you have no external feeds at all, though,
but it doesn't sound like that's your situation.

> Also, we have been searching for information about gnupg configuration
> for use with inn, but so far we have been unable to make it work. Could
> you please give us some reference to follow?

See the last section of INSTALL in INN 2.3.4, also available on the web
at:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs-2.3/install.html#S14>

INN will detect GnuPG automatically during configure when you build it and
will use it in preference to PGP.