incoming.conf length limits

Todd Olson tco2 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 17 16:32:12 UTC 2003

Hi

It appears that in inn 2.2.2 the length of lines in
   incoming.conf
is SMBUF
which is 256 bytes

This is problematic for the pattern: key

QUESTIONS:

   1) is this limitation removed in inn 2.3 or 2.4 ???

   2) how likely am I to run in to trouble in 2.2.2 if I
      change SMBUF to be larger, say 512 or 1024 ???
      (and recompile).  We are aiming for a non-binary service
      so our needs are fairly small ...

Regards,
Todd Olson
Cornell University

(some might ask, why not just upgrade to the latest INN
(... well, Cornell has local hacks to nnrpd to do kerberos proxying
(    and to permit people to *read* news anonymously
(    yet to require authentication for posting
(
(I've not yet figured out how to make nnrpd in 2.3 or 2.4
(implement our policy (and or how to apply our local hacks).
(
(Also, I continue to need a traditional spool